I recognize and acknowledge that paddling dragon boats is a considerable test of an individual’s personal fitness, strength, coordination and endurance. I acknowledge that I should consult a physician prior to starting a physical fitness program. Participation in this sport presents a serious risk to each and every participant. These risks include but are not limited to: drowning, hypothermia, boat collision, impact injuries, muscle strain, muscle overuse injuries, sunburn and all other possibilities for injury when involved in racing, training and paddling on all types of water.
I understand and acknowledge that the Kamloops Interior Dragons Society (hereinafter referred to as “KIDS”):
1) Practices and races on cold, swift rivers, lakes and on the ocean which are equally cold and have dangerous currents and submerged objects; and
2) Requires each paddler to wear a Personal Floatation Device (PFD) at all times while paddling.
I have read and understand the above paragraphs and the risks described therein, and confirm the following:
1) I have attained the full age of 19 years and I am mentally competent to provide my consent to the terms contained in this waiver, release and indemnification form, and I fully understand the contents of this waiver, release and indemnification form.
2) I hereby agree to abide by the rules and regulations of KIDS and its Board, including the Conditions of Membership and Code of Conduct, as set from time to time.
3) I hereby waive and release for myself, my executors, administrators, next of kin, and assigns, any and all claims or causes of action that I may have against KIDS, or its Directors, Board, Coaches, Members, Volunteers, Sponsors or any one or more of their executors, administrators, next of kin, and assigns (hereinafter referred to as the “Participants”), including and all claims for personal injury, death or property damage caused by the KIDS or the Participants arising out of my participation in paddling, including but not limited to training, racing and related events (hereinafter referred to as “activities”), and during transportation of persons and equipment to and from these activities, together with any costs, including legal fees, that may be incurred as a result of any such claims whether valid or not.
4) I hereby give permission to the KIDS to use my image for promotional purposes. I also consent to the use and disclosure of my personal contact information, including email addresses and telephone numbers, for club activities.
5) I hereby attest that, to the best of my knowledge, I am in good physical health and agree to participate in the herein described activities, acknowledging the inherent danger therein and knowing my level of physical health.
6) I hereby attest that I have read the KIDS “Safety Protocol – Boat Capsizing” as posted on the club website at https:/www.kamloopsinteriordragons.ca and as posted in the Kamloops Dragon Boat Compound.